Shadow
Shadow asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 4 weeks ago

Do some users who attach porno images to their question get their account removed or what does reporting their question actually do?

Pornography is adult entertainment and NOT for children’s eyes. Yahoo Answers is for everyone.

There are some minors who use this site and should not be seeing porno images which I have seen the past week on here. I reported the questions.

• .
    Favorite Answer

Reporting their post may get the post removed if enough users report it. Accounts that have a lot of content removed may get suspended. We do not know the exact criteria for a suspension. Serious abuse used to be something we could report directly to the YA Team, but that's not an option anymore. Some users have managed to report accounts via contact info in the Help pages. 

You are correct in that pornographic images are a violation as are all "adult content" posts (even if images aren't included).

I don’t like about porno.

If you do NOT report those questions, nothing happens. The question does not get removed, and the account does not get blocked, suspended from posting more questions. Even when Verizon/Yahoo DOES suspend the email account, they often create a new email account and keep on doing what they were doing until that account is suspended. Emailing Verizon AND Yahoo to report the question AND the account's YA activity profile URL address seems to be ignored.

Report the questions. It takes a LOT of people reporting the SAME question to trigger the computer programs that remove the reported question from the YA display.

Verizon/Yahoo seems to be impervious. Apparently they don't care that abuse is becoming rampant on YA.

• Daniel

Sometimes Yes its up to Yahoo tho Depends on how many times they have Done It

Reporting the Question Sends it to the YA System and they Store your Report if a Trusted Reporter Reports the Same thing then Yahoo will then Take it down

Yahoo is Community Moderated the Staff does not Moderate the Boards

• paul

nobody live oversees this site, it is all computer generated , reporting means nothing

• A.J.

The monitoring is mostly user community and questions do get reported. The admin staff is minimal. Computers can detect pornography if they monitor via software.

Most of the questions with porn get deleted.

I'm sure IDs get zapped, but new ones get created.

The anonymous questions seem to be the most common now, and almost all are full of crap whether porn or not.

• marty

I've tried to find that out. Seems nothing like that I report ever gets pulled, yet I see harmless questions pulled. I've written to Yahoo but they never answer.

• carrie

Yes they do get reported and removed, but it takes several people to report them.

Sometimes when you report the question they review it and take it down. 

Sometimes they don't care and don't bother with it.