Where did the "honey I'm home" quote come from? And if it's possible, can someone share a link?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

I doubt you can actually find the inaugural use of that phrase. It was popular among the sitcoms aired on TV during the 1950s and 60s. I can vaguely remember that phrase being used on: The Lucile Ball Show, Bewitched, Honeymooners, Mary Tyler Moore Show, Brady Bunch...and certainly others when the man of the house came home from work.

And I have to believe that "honey I'm home" was commonly used by many American families during the 50s and 60s. Clearly there was a first time it was used, but you'll never find it as that would be like finding the needle in the you know what.

• Thanks for the answer. I was coming to the conclusion that it was a copyrighted scene or something, I didn't know it doesn't have a known origin.

• 3 weeks ago

It was a popular terminology when "Leave It To Beaver." was a TV show.

• 3 weeks ago

It's a well-known historic fact that "honey I'm home" has been invented by Julius Caesar in 23 BC

• Lv 5
      3 weeks agoReport

Nice trick, since he'd been dead for 21 years by then. Or was he the original version of the dead guy in "The Monkey Paw"?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.