Anonymous

What does this mean?

A few months back, my bf and I agreed on staying on hold about the marriage talk. I told him "don't think once you propose, I'm going to want to get married within a few months. I at least just want to be engaged until we both agree on the wedding when that time comes. Here lately this month he has talked about taking me to get my nails done because I apparently talk about it all the time "which I don't. I just paint my own nails", but I said I'd enjoy that since I've never had my nails done before. He never was interested in my nails until now. Randomly he says things like "you know. I'm gonna marry you one day" or "one day you're gonna be my wife". Also, our anniversary is coming up on the 16th so.. Is he just saying it or is he planning on something? I'm just curious and don't take anything I said the wrong way. It's just text. I get people relying mean to me all the time for no reason so that's why I said that. Thank you though :)

You and your b/f are certainly NOT ready for marriage at all. You hardly know each other and you are asking us 'what does this mean'? If you knew each other as well as you should do before marriage, you wouldn't be asking this question. Carry on as his g/f with no marriage talk and if you want to know why he's talking about your nails.....ask him. Duh??

I really have no idea.  I was in no rush to get married.  I never "agreed to saying on hold about the marriage talk."  

If you spend time with him and YOU don't know his plans, how would I?

Do not ask him. If you do and he was planning on proposing to you then you might ruin his plan that he has all planned out. Maybe he'll take you somewhere on your anniversary then propose? Maybe in a few weeks, months, etc. To me it sounds like it's double checking that you want that.. Maybe he is. It's possible with what you're telling us, but don't ask. Just because you don't want to ask because you don't want to ruin it, doesn't mean your relationship is immature. People who say that are the immature ones. Surprises are surprises! Am I right? Best of luck

• Robert

It sounds to me that he is testing for a reaction. He may be insecure and looking for you to affirm that you want what he wants someday. With the nails, he is probably just trying to give you a gift that he thinks you would enjoy

FFS.   If you want to know what he means or if he's planning something, ask HIM, not strangers on Yahoo.   We are not clairvoyant.

ETA:   If direct and honest communication spoils your relationship or proposal, you aren't anywhere near mature enough for marriage.

• Kami4 weeks agoReport

Ya. Ask and ruin it if yes. Smart one