How can I test out of a course at a university? ?

Okay so, I’m a high school student now taking college courses at a university. I’m in a program where I get both diploma and associates degree in physics. I’m supposed to take electromagnetism next semester. But I know everything about it already because maxwell is my favorite scientist of all time. I basically have already read the whole university book and worked out all the problems. I have a good understanding of the equations. I don’t wanna take the class because it’s a waste of time 

• MS

Not all courses can be tested out of.  Schools usually offer testing options for particular courses, most often introductory ones.  You would have to talk to the university to see if this is a possibility.  

Does the school have provisions for testing out of a specific course such as this one? You will have to check with the school. If no specific provisions for testing out, and no transferable credit for a course of substantially the same content, you take required courses.

1. At some colleges, you can test out of some classes with a CLEP exam, but I doubt there's one for electromagnetism specifically. 

2. And if you love the subject so much, it would seem to me that you'd really want to take it, even if you know everything. 

3. Because since it's a high school program, isn't it free? 

4. And if you know everything about it, it would be an "easy A." What could be better than an easy A in a favorite subject? 

5. Anyway, you might find you don't know as much as you think you do. 

• .

That's usually a possibility.  It's called "Credit By Examination" or "Challenge a Course."  Policies differ, but you usually must pay for the course and you can't challenge a class where you have already passed upper division courses in the same thing.