Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 month ago

Can Apple delete my ITunes account?

I’ve been having issues with iTunes. When purchasing songs the transactions take a substantial amount of time to process. I have a debit card on file and transactions take like a week to go through sometimes. When looking at my debit card transactions I noticed a random charge from iTunes that was like $20.00. I know I didn’t buy anything for $20.00 so I assumed this was a fraudulent charge. Therefore I contacted my bank and reported it. When trying to purchase songs a message popped up saying my “ITunes and Apple account have been disabled.” So I called apple support and explained the situation. I got it fixed and they explained to me if this happens a lot (which it never has happened before) they can basically cancel my account all together. I don’t know if this transaction was me but because the transactions take a long time to go through it could have been a cluster of charges going through at once and I just didn’t realize. Recently I had another charge that I didn’t recgonize under “Apple.com” not iTunes for $10.00. I haven’t 

purchased anything from Apple.com so I reported it again to my bank. I told my bank that I wasn’t sure if this was me but I’d like to just cancel my card to be on the safe side. I didn’t want them to refund the money Incase this somehow was me and to avoid this situation from happening again. Well I’m assuming they did refund me the money because I got the same message as the first time saying my account is disabled. 

Favorite Answer

It's their system so yes, I'm sure they can do that.

• Dave

So 2 things happened. You bought stuff. You received an email that you bought stuff, and then you received an itemized email with all the charges together over a small period of time into one charge. So you then reported a valid charge as invalid. ANY business is going to nuke your account when you do that. You had all the info you needed, and you ignored it.

Learn how to shop online properly and this sort of stuff won't happen.

• Dave
      1 month agoReport

And yes, if you had a clue how to properly shop online, YOU'D SEE THE RECEIPT THEY SEND YOU WITH EVERY PURCHASE AND EVERY CHARGE. Again, those are all FACTS.

My transactions are almost instantaneous with itunes so YOU are having problems related to suspected fraud and denying charges you probably did make.

• Dave
      1 month agoReport

Not true at all.