Can I ask dealership to remove fender flairs to inspect truck prior to purchasing?

buying a truck with fender flairs from a car dealership.  can I ask for those to be removed to inspect the truck for any damage prior to buying?

Update:

This is from a used car dealership btw

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

You can ask. The dealer will refuse. Removing the flairs causes damage.

• 3 weeks ago

This is a very unusual request and almost certainly going to refused. Asking to have your mechanic look at the car is not so unusual but I doubt the dealer is going to allow parts to be removed from the car, even temporarily. What is removing fender flairs going to show anyway ??

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

You can ask anyone anything. Its up to them if they will allow it.  I used to deal cars and sold a lot. I would let anyone take the car to a local mechanic but I never had anyone ask to remove parts. Im not even sure what a fender flare is.

• Scott
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

That's an unusual request. Be prepared to pay to have them do it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

You can ask anything you want. What their answer will be we cannot predict.

• 3 weeks ago

You can ask

Maybe they'll do it to get the sale, maybe they won't. You can't force them. You can walk away from the sale if you don't like their answer.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

You can ask but they most likely won't do that.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

#1  name another product a merchant will disassemble for your examination:  a television?  clothing?  frozen foods? . . . .   #2  who is going to pay the cost of taking the truck apart and putting back together again?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.