Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 3 weeks ago

I am dreading Christmas, how do I shift my focus away from family and towards religion and charity?

In family while my dad side is excepting of me they are small, I have two ants and that’s all as my grandparents of died and there are no cousins as both and aunts are single with one a Catholic nun. I do get together with the one who’s a nun a lot as I’m religious myself also. The other one we see frequently to.

My mom side is a lot larger and I have 21 cousins. They are not welcoming of us because of issues with my mom. This hurts at holidays. So this Christmas how do I shift my focus away from the family dysfunction and towards religion and charity?

• drip
    Favorite Answer

What is wrong going to your dads for Christmas.     So it is a small gathering. What difference does that make.

There are plenty of charities who need help. Pick one.

• Gary

Spend time with family anyways.

• Cammie

Christmas week work in a soup kitchen or food bank. Try handing out men's socks with little bottles of shampoo and hand cream . Add a peppermint stick and a little cash.Just go where a lot of home less people are and start giving them out.

Go donate blood and ask if they need volunteers on Christmas day.

• martin

Pray more. Volunteer at a soup kitchen run by the church. Attend services and socials at the church.