Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 4 weeks ago

question for people with very high IQ?

what affects or determines your physical {facial) features?

mention your iq score

*(facial

i ask your iq because I I want a person with vey high iq to answer what he thinks deterrmines facial features (length, symmetry, shape and everything). (other than genetics)

My IQ is either 132, or 134. (I took the test awhile ago.) I think that the shape of the face is definitely a genetic trait.  As such, the earlier pictures of my mother resembles my own at different ages. Consequently, whenever I look at her face now, I know that I'm looking a a preview of my own face in the future.    

• Zirp

IQ of the answerer is irrelevant. having high IQ doesn guarantee that you are right, and a lower IQ doesn't mean that you are wrong.

Your features are determined by a ombination of genetics and what else life throws at you (food, environment, accidents, violence, radiation....)

For me, it was

glasses - caused by spending too much childhood time indoors reading instead of playing out in the sunlight

tan - sometimes more, sometimes less, determined partly by how much time I spent in the sunlight

loss of symmetry - caused by dentist pulling teeth unevenly

Other family members had:

Got punched in the nose

Got kicked in the face

Chickenpox scar

Celebrities are suspected of

Fetal alcohol syndrome

Face partly pulled off by forceps during delivery

Hormone therapy

Surgery

Being bitten by a chimpanzee

• joedlh

Genetic makeup and possibly out of the norm gestational circumstances. This is well-established and is not known to be related to IQ. There is a genetic component to IQ, but it has not been demonstrated to be connected to facial characteristics.

IQ scores run highest among East Asians, lowest among sub-Saharan Africans and indigenous Australians. Since these groups do tend towards distinctive physical (facial) types, there would indeed be a CORRELATION between facial features and IQ score. "Slanty eyes = very smart." But correlation is not causation. There is probably no connection at all between the genes contributing to the preservation of "racial" face types and the genes contributing to potential IQ.

I see ... you wanted "MY" IQ score?  That depends on which time I took the test.  Anything between 125 and 180.

• Lili
      4 weeks agoReport

Don't believe any of those supposed IQ scores for different national/regional/ethnic groups that you see floating around online. They have no scientific validity or support.

- mood

- inheritance (genetics)

- skin tone (which is susceptible to change from things like sunlight)