Should I Quit my School's Musical?

Recently I was cast in my schools musical as an ensamble member. Please keep in mind, I am not thinking about dropping because of my role, I was actually quite excited to be in the ensamble. The problem is the musical itself. Its really just not my taste, and I am not particularly passionate about any of the music. Also, I was part of the musical last year and the experience I had was pretty awful. Should I drop?

Thank y'all for your input. I dropped this afternoon, and my director seemed disappointed but she said she understood. Also ensemble* :•)

Favorite Answer

You've given several good reasons to drop out, which you should feel comfortable doing UNLESS you are not easily replaceable and provided you give ample notice ahead of time. You may even be making way for the next new star.

• 1 week ago

///////////////////////////

• Cogito

The word is 'ensemble'.

If you're not fully committed to joining in and doing your best, you should quit.  They don't want someone who isn't going to give it 100% messing things up.

But I wonder why you even auditioned in the first place if you didn't enjoy it last year and you don't like the show.

You're just wasting everyone's time.

• martin

Sounds like your past experience is warning you not to make the same mistake twice.

Yes, you should. If you're not all in for participating, you should make way for someone who is.