Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

What is the best way to Communicate with my partner?

Sometimes when I try to talk with my partner about our intimacy it gets aqard and we drop the subject. Please help.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • KTJoe
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Talk less use more body language such as touch more, brush near, grab and hold.

• Jerry
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

I couldn't disagree more strongly. Clear communication is the best way for a couple to have a sex life that just keeps getting better. Body language is no substitute for words. 

• RP
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You need to talk with your partner and see whether you are the only one who feels awkward or if it is mutual. Either way, you should cooperate with each other to facilitate your communication because the inability to communicate or the lack of communication is one of the major reasons relationships fail.

• 1 month ago

This is a very good question, as so many relationship problems depend upon good communication skills to resolve them, and because most people don't have all the skills they could use. We learn mostly from having observed our parents, who also didn't have great skills.  There are, however, some very basic, good things to try:

e.g., learn to listen well, without interrupting, taking what the other person has to say seriously, even if you disagree (& you will).  Show them that you heard what they had to say, by reflecting , repeating it back until they acknowledge that you got it right. Only then, should you offer what you have to say, yourself, and they should repeat the same process with you.  Another technique: avoid trying to prove yourself right and the other person wrong, there are two sides to every pancake ! And it gets nowhere.  A third tip: come from how the other person's behavior makes you feel, rather than blaming them. Much easier to develop empathy for each other. Explore how you might help each other feel better, emphasize giving and compromise, which are both fundamental to successful marriages. These skills and practices are useful not only for intimacy issues, but most other issues as well. Go to a licensed professional counselor, who can help you learn these skills and problem solve in a better way. Good luck and good wishes,    

• Jerry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Do you mean talk about sex, about your sexual activities? 

Every sexual encounter should be followed with "The Mandatory Post-Nookie Cuddle." During this cuddle the two of you should ask each other "What did you like best? What did you not like so much? What would you like to be different next time?" 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.