kas asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdoption · 3 weeks ago

what to do and how to do it?

My grandma has told me I was adopted and now I want to find my birth family and all the questions going through my head like if their alive, where are they at and etc. but my mom is rejecting it and denying it and idk what to do to find birth family.

How old are you? If you're underage, there might not be anything you can do about it right now. Once you turn 18, you can get your DNA tested. You may find a parent or a sibling via DNA, or at least a close cousin who can help you narrow down your search. That's how my half-sister found me.

• Byrd

Unless you have proof not a thing you can do obviously

One way to start is to submit your DNA to either ancestry.com or 23andme.com (or both). First cousin matches are especially helpful, and can lead you to your original family.

Source(s): Adoptee and Adoptive Mom.

Has it occured to you that your grandmother is lying to you??  Why she would do this I cannot guess, but if your mother says it is not so, then maybe you are not.  Do you have a birth certificate, that is the easiest way to know. 

Difficult for your mom if this were true.

Tell your mom that it is OK if you were adopted. And that it is ok if you were not adopted.

maybe she is worried this could upset you. maybe she wanted to tell you herself.

you need to reassure her that "you can handle the truth"

You should go to the city hall and explain why. And it ’s better to think about the solution together and ask the real parent's address! I do n’t think it ’s easy, but do your best!

• Jingles
      3 weeks agoReport

How on earth do you know which city hall lol

• Sandy

you have to wait until you are 18 or 21, get a lawyer to see if you can get the records released. if it was a close adoption, you're in for a bit of a fight. and careful what you wish for...