How should I tell my boyfriend I don't like him using heroin? ?

My s/o started using heroin again after being clean for 2 months and he know I don't like it and that I am a recovering addict myself and that I don't approve of it, however, he continues to use. I have yet to "intervene" with his usage, mainly because idk how. What am I supposed to do? How do I tell him I want him to quit without upsetting him???

• k w

just leave him....he'll get the message, you can't help a junkie, you'll go nuts trying...

call ALANON they got plenty of experience with junkies, get experienced advice or chase your tail like a dog, going nowhere fast.......

What do you care if you upset him? And why do you think he's going to quit if you tell him you want him to quit?

Maybe ditch him and work on your own recovery.

• Jerry

When you truly want to leave an addiction behind, sometimes that means cutting all you addict friends out of your life. Of course that means you have NO friends until you make some NEW friends, friends who aren't druggies. 

If he won't drop his druggie ways, then you have to drop HIM. Stop making this about him; it's about YOU. You do the things you need to do to have the not-a-druggie life you deserve. If one of those things is moving on without him, then that's what you have to do. Don't use him as an excuse to NOT move on. 

As a recovering addict yourself you KNOW he's not going to want to hear the truth and I think you should keep as far away from him as you can as, in his state, he's toxic to you and your own recovery. You need ALL your energy to keep yourself off drugs and recover. He's got a weaker nature than you and has gone back to using. Do you have a mentor helping you stay clean? Talk seriously to him/her about your problem. You aren't strong enough yet to be able to help your s/o. That is VERY sad - but he'll drag you down if you stay with him. Your leaving may actually jolt him back into trying to recover.

• Ana

If you want to get over your addiction to an evil, horrible drug, then you might want to STOP dating people that have also used that evil, horrible drug. Get my drift?

Dump him and find a boyfriend who hasn’t ever used felony-level drugs

You need to be thinking about your own health, so my advice is to break up with this guy. He either doesn't care about your recovery or his addiction to the drug is simply just to strong. Please think about yourself in this situation, it might sound selfish, but its the right thing to do.

• mokrie

WHERE is your instinct for self preservation? Even being around it is endangering you since you are recovering also. UPSET him. Tell him stop or your leaving. And mean it. If he cares more for you then he does the heroin he will stop. If you come second then do you really want to be with him?

• Eevee4 weeks agoReport

And I know it's slowly killing him that's why I hate it do much. I can't stand to see him doing things to himself....