Is it unusual for a famous singer/ musician to troll one fan in particular?

I asked this question years ago but the only answer I got was "get a life, son" (and I'm not even male).

So basically when I was a preteen, I was a fan of a European dance band that was famous in the late 1990s (won't say the name). In 2001, at the age of 13, I wrote a love message to the main singer.

6 months later, I got a reply from the singer, who thanked me for the email and allowed me into his life via the internet. Then a female associated with him emailed me and introduced herself as the singer's girlfriend. 

For the next few months, through emails and chat, both the singer and the girl kept me up yo date on their private life. But they kept changing the story - first, the girl said they had a son in 2000 and she was pregnant with their second child. Then the next day, she said that the child was a already born.

Then in late 2002, the female emailed me urgently and said that it was all a lie. They were just friends.

Then the female said it's best we don't talk anymore. Then the singer said he was with a girl. Next day, he said she left him ("she only wanted money, she didn't want my love") then said he was engaged to someone completely. Then I stopped talking to him and ceased being a fan.

I was 14 and trolled by my favourite band, and for no reason. It ruined my preteenhood. I could never trust them again. It was strange, upsetting and messed up. Even now I just listen to their mudic at a distance because the trust is gone.

• Foofa

I think it's probably fair to say that you got trolled by somebody. But it's highly unlikely it was this singer himself. People at that level tend to have better things to do.

Yeah i agree with the people that answered you before, it sounds like you need to get out more.