Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

Will my parents know if I get an abortion because of insurance?

I am not sure if I am pregnant or not but my parents can not find out due to family views and ideals. I have to have an abortion if so. I am 18 but will they find out due to insurance? 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Insurance doesn't pay for abortions unless the pregnancy is a threat to the mother's life. Cash works for abortions

• Jason
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

When your child may be around 10 months old when he/she starts to react to you and smile at you making you his/ her favourite person, you would realize how foolish the idea of abortion would have been

Suppose you decided to have kids later on in your life and that child begins to behave as I mentioned above, you will regret your MISTAKE OF ABORTION which has happen earlier in your life and that regret won't go, believe me!

Don't do a thing which you will have to regret at a later stage in your life, your hardships now will ultimately end with time

I hope you would think twice!

• LizB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not many insurance plans cover elective abortion, so it may be a non-issue. But if anything is billable to your insurance, you can call your insurance company and ask them to send you (and only you) an electronic copy of the explanation of benefits for any charges related to the procedure.

• MissA
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It kind of depends.

Your parents would typically get an explanation of benefits in the mail which would tell them. As an adult you can request this be sent to you instead but the insurance provider may or may not oblige you.

A large number of insurance plans don't cover elective abortion and so you might not be coverable anyway. In some states it is actually illegal for them to do so. Call the number on the insurance card and ask.

https://www.valuepenguin.com/health-insurance-abor...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Your parents will receive what is called an "Explanation of Benefits".  Unless you beat your parents to the mailbox, be prepared to give them an explanation.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.