English Marzipan cake is now called Battenberg, according to the historians of this Era. True or false?

I’ve lived in UK all my life and I’ve only ever known it as Battenburg. 

• Kate

I have only ever known it as Battenberg and I am 70!

• Biff

I don't think the cake pictured has ever been known as anything other than Battenberg.

well, true there's that pink and yellow one which is normally made with sugar rather then ground almonds and there's another called simnel cake produced at easter time with layers of marzipan throughout the cake and balls of the delicious stuff on top. hard to find real marzipan on ready made cakes.

It’s always been called Battenberg, though I have heard there was a call to change the name to Mountbatten cake during the First World War, just like the Royal Family did.

My elderly parents have always called it Battenberg.  This English marzipan you reference sounds like a bland generic term.  A cafetiere is called a "French press," in 'Murika as they routinely mangle French pronunciation. 

It was called Battenberg in honor of the Marquess of Milford Haven when he married Queen Victoria's grandaughter. Never heard it called English Marzipan Cake, which sounds like something the EU would come up with.

I know that as Battenburg since 1970

It's always been called Battenberg in my lifetime, and I'm 67.

• Creosote3 weeks agoReport

Big respect armourer. I never knew you were over 80. 

True, did they make a hybrid or something?