Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 4 weeks ago

in arizona, is it legal to hunt bird with a bow?

thinking quail. maybe duck. if so, how would i practice that? are there skeet archery ranges? i understand there are broadheads for hunting airborne prey, but what do they do? the image attached is the broadhead im talking about.

i would assume the wire circles are so the arrow can get caught on leaves? is that right?

im sorry, i love archery and i love bird hunting i just never knew i could combine the two until yesterday.

Please ignore any answers given by Adam D, daniel g and USAFisnumber1.

Their answers are nothing but a pile of lies as they are liars and trying

to destroy the Sports section mostly outdoor sports.  Just give them a TD until 

YA  cuts them off. 

I've been turkey hunting and I used a broadhead called a turkey guillotine. It was a clean shot and probably one of the most gruesome things I've ever seen.

I don't know but I do know that bear crap is a sack of crap...

• Adam D

I don't know about Arizona's hunting laws, but in a very brief search I found that crossbows are legal for small game, so I figure regular bows probably are as well.  It should be trivial for you to read the regulations (which you should be doing every year) or call the appropriate organization to get that answer.

The arrow head you've shown is for small birds, things like quail.  The blunt portion in the middle provides impact force, the wires around the ends entangle and also impact.  The wires are there to give you a better chance of hitting the bird - something like a quail is tiny when trying to hit it with an arrow.  For larger birds you might switch to a field point.

Check out the link below, the guy gives a pretty good description of bird hunting with a bow, as well as a few practice tips.  In general, you're going to be shooting pretty close, so aiming at the tip of the beak on a flying bird is probably going to give you as much lead as you need.

• Gary
      3 weeks agoReport

Adam, with you being one of the the top 10 best hunters here, why do you answer this troll?

I'm not sure about Arizona but in many states that would be illegal.  The best weapon to use to comply with all state laws is the slingshot.

thinking quail. maybe duck. if so, how would i practice that? are there skeet archery ranges? i understand there are broadheads for hunting airborne prey, but what do they do? the image attached is the broadhead im talking about. i would assume the wire circles are so the arrow can get caught on leaves? is that right? im sorry, i love archery and i love bird hunting i just never knew i could combine the two until yesterday.