I need basic plumbing repairs in my home to fix a leaky faucet or clear a clogged drain. Is this what a plumber does?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • I care
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Yes, before you pick a plumber why not talk to a few friends that have dealt with this issue.  Sometimes friends have excellent people they know and not screw you over.

I also read reviews many times on line about companies which also helps.

Research and know more about issues and cost.....good luck. 

• 4 weeks ago

a measure that might work on a stopped up drain,enzyme clog dissolver from home depot,the stuff looks like instant iced tea powder

put 2 tbsp of the stuff in the bowl, empty a qt of warm water, let sit a day or 2,might clear up like that.

a B & D rechargeable drill,,plus 20 ft of  wrapped wire plumbing snake,( start with a clean one, or a used one,cleaned and,coated with motor oil),,feed a couple feet at a time,,slo rpm,speed up a bit back and forth,see what goop you pull out,run water,a slo stream,,keep working the snake, until water runs full strength free and clear,

a metal clean out drain and cap is nice,instead of yanking the tubs,the toilet and sink,use a plastic bag to cover the open end to stop splattering sewer gummies around the room & walls

american standard made a million cute clamshell designs that have dumb lever & drain guts tied into the overflow holes,often defective,hard as hell to reach inside to fix them, simple solution is to use a rubber plug instead or screwing around with the rest of the factory made stopper & drain,

• 4 weeks ago

Look for a "handyman" for simple stuff. Plumber's can do it for sure, but their prices can be high.

• Joe
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Yes, but for a hefty price.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

yes. but simple stuff like that can be done cheaper by a local handyman

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, that's one of the basic functions a plumber can provide for you.

• y
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

plumber and or handyman. Friends, family, neighbors can sometimes be tapped.

• 4 weeks ago

Honestly dude or dudette . You can fix that stuff on your own . It's YouTube videos literally about pretty much everything . I fixed my mom's garbage disposal when I was 13 because i didn't want her to pay a dude 300 bucks just to put a new one in. Educate yourself it will bring you the most money in life 

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Typically you would do minor stuff like that yourself, but yes, a plumber could do that. Aby handyman could as well for less money.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.