Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 4 weeks ago

I accidentally missed my court case, what do I do?

Long story short, someone used my name and address and I had to appear a second time for id hearing so the officer could id me and I thought it was the 14 but it was actually the 13, they dont have my finger prints nor my mugshot cause it was not me, I'm so mad at myself, I was so sure it was the 14, I dont want to go to jail for something i didnt do, please heso, I dont know what to do, I missed the first summon cause I thought since they caught him ot was over with so I might not get a third chance :( I wish they asked for his Id instead of ruining my life


He got caught with drugs and the sentence for it was 6 months, when I went the second time they didnt have anything to id me, I asked "dont you have mug" and they instead toldme to come back for an Id hearing from the officers

3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

    You IMMEDIATELY notify the Court and explain the circumstances.

    I'd be far more angry at the person who misused my ID than I would at the Police.

    But, then again, I wouldn't have missed the Court date.

  • Bruce
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    All you can do is contact the court and ask to reschedule. 

    No, the police didn't ruin your life. The person using your name did And you are on the verge of doing it yourself for missing your court date. 

    • Alex4 weeks agoReport

      Thing is, the guy has been through the system for years, you would had thought they would had run his finger print instead of loosely pointing fingers.

  • Pat
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    Why don't any of you children have any parents?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.