How to sue a Facebook fan page group?

Hi guys, recently I got banned from a Facebook fan page after someone took one of my photos of my without permission, because I started complaining when someone sharing my photo without permission and the admins unreasonably banned me from the Facebook group even though I was not even cursing at them! The admins did not even ask me for my permission to use my picture for their profile page, although I truly am the original owner, I was playing RFS Real Flight Simulator, flying an American Eagle Airlines SAAB 340 from Seattle to Los Angeles. The admins decided to take my picture without my permission and then I got banned from it! I was playing a flight simulator game when I snapped this photo that the group used as it’s profile picture.

• Daniel
    Favorite Answer

Although its Wrong what they did I dont think you can Sue a Facebook Page Group over that

• Steven

As you told Facebook group admin have used your picture without permission, So this is your fault because nobody can get permission to use anybody profile. You have copyright the image and use watermark to prevent it. Forget all the things and think about the future. 

Go talk to an attorney.  Take a pile of money because you will need it.

The picture you posted is public and belongs to the group you were banned from. You have no grounds to sue anyone at all, so just let it go.

If you posted the picture to begin with, then you don't have any grounds to sue at all. That's public now.

You can barely get a hold of them so good luck on that

• Dave

No one needs your permission to take a photo and use it from Facebook. The second you post it, you've given up any legal claim to it's ownership. At that point, FB owns it. That's how FB works. If you don't like it, stop using FB.

I don't think you'd want to waste $100/ hour on a lawyer just to get your photo taken down. Maybe contact Facebook itself, like submitting a complaint.

• I keep getting notifications in the messenger inbox but when I click on it I can't see it and it says that I have to sign in

• Rick B

And you think that a judge wants to waste their time with this????? What are your losses? You plan to pay a lawyer for this???

Who would pay if you won?  A Facebook page is not a business entity.  They do not have monetary assets.

Get a life kid.