Rufus, Rory and Robin ?

My wife is due to have triplets in the coming months and we have picked out three names already. I’m unsure if having them all start with the same letter is cheesy and weird. My wife thinks that it dosent matter that they are all similar but I don’t want to be one of those parents who match them constantly. What do you think? 

• layla
    1 week ago

I think it's cheesy but again its not my decision.

BOYS:

Rowan

Corey

Lucas

Caden

Logan

GIRL:

Lily

Violet

Olive

Sophie

• Linda

I think those are horrible names.

They are nice namesss

• Kevin

The down side to having the same initial is when they receive mail where it is addressed to Mstr R Smith Miss R Smith etc making it difficult to distinguish who’s correspondence it is.

Where you intentionally choosing names that have ‘RED’ in their meanings

Other names also with red in their meaning(that don’t start with R)

Boys

Clancy

Phoenix

Ormond

Sorrell

Girls

Scarlett

Ula

There isn’t anything wrong with it but people try to put identicals as one bunch and they are all separate. I hate having all with the same letter. I do think it’s cheesy but that’s me. I love Rory by not Robin or Rufus

• audrey

Starting with R is fine. Rory and Robin are great. BUT Rufus is awful.it's a cartoonish, joke name.

I'm not fond of Rufus and wouldn't personally use the same letter for the start of the first name. However, a lot of people do and there's nothing really wrong with it. I'd just prefer to make them as individual as possible from the beginning.

i think it is sweet! my two sisters and i all have names that have "nn" and i enjoy it because it makes me feel connected to them

I think its okay if they actually look alike, plus the names dont sound similar, only the R. I dont think Rufus is a good name though, i can see the kid getting made fun of for that name. If you arent happy with having matching letters on their first names, then you probably never will be, so maybe think of alternatives that you both like.

There's nothing wrong with liking the letter R for sure. Just... my recommendation... I actually pour over online libraries for baby names and my main focus is the meaning of the name. I see it as a sort of blessing or hope you have for the baby. Like if you name them something that means strong or brave, maybe you suppose those attributes will be especially helpful to them in life. I mean don't be superstitious about it but ... later when someone asks, so what's the story behind your kinds' names? You might be proud if you had more to say than, ".... I like the letter R" 😂 that's funny when you say it out. Anyway that's just my take on it. Btw never had a baby but the concept of naming intrigues me. Though I'd love to add that having them all start with R is a cool way of unifying them. It sorta says you hope they'll be close all their lives... and that's pretty cool.