Emma asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 weeks ago

What to eat after not eating for 3 days?

So on Monday I was feeling really queasy and my stomach was killing me. After throwing up multiple times throughout the day, my friend took me to a nearby urgent care. The doctor prescribed for me two different medications to help with the nausea and vomiting. He also told me to stay on a more liquid based diet for a day or two.

I haven't really eating anything (I have been drinking lots of water and some Gatorade), because just the thought of food makes me want to throw up again. I tried having soup yesterday but it upset my stomach. Today I took a bite of toast and regretted it immediately. I know I have to start eating again, but I don't know where to start. Just the thought of food grosses me out, which really sucks because I love baking and trying out new recipes in my free time.

Popeyes Chicken sandwich.

something with fruit is good, like a smoothie. Its easy to digest and will rapidly absorb and restore the nutrients you lost of that period, and will make you feel much better. A chicken salad sandwich is also good, anything un-processed like that should be good. Dont eat white foods like pasta, chips, pastry, cheese etc as they are harder to digest and can make you feel even worse, your body may even reject it.

Water, and Toast.

• Ben

Maybe some jelly beans and spice drops (fruit flavored). Then try some French fries and pizza puffs from a restaurant or something. Be sure to stay hydrated perhaps with a soda beverage of your choice.

• Nunya

Drink Pedialyte. They sell it in the baby food departments but it works well for people vomitting or having Diarrhea. It keeps you hydrated and energized. I believe Oatmeal and Bananas are things that go easy in your stomach and won't cause you to vomit.