Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 weeks ago

Christians and Republicans should I feel depressed and suicidal about being a 25 yr old woman that is a virgin? ?

Favorite Answer

If you are really following Jesus and are well familiar with His word, then you should actually be quite content with your current situation. If you are depressed over not yet being married, then that means that you are looking to some man to bring you happiness and fulfillment. If you were to get married with that kind of burden being placed on your husband, you can be sure it will fail and you;ll be even more depressed, finding that marriage didn't fulfill your lifelong dream.

I didn't get married until age 33; God in His wisdom first started a big process of healing me from childhood abuse and trauma, and then, when He was ready to use someone to help in the healing, then He sent a man for me to marry, who would be also used to challenge, stretch and turn me inside out.

Happiness in life is first found in knowing God's love and finding in Him your only source for all things, whether He sends someone to meet your need or does it supernaturally Himself; He knows what works for you.

Perhaps you don't really know Jesus; I would suggest that you approach Him and tell Him you want to know Him, and then follow His lead

No. God will make it up to you. In the mean time, keep looking.

Well.....we can fix that. It's not really that big of a deal.

• sarah

No, Mary was not a child when God chose her to have the messiah. She went to visit Elizabeth something no young girl would be allowed to do alone in that day and age. So she had to be pretty old. In fact, by the time Jesus was 30 she was and old lady who he assigned John to care for. They always show them as being young and they were not.

I think you should be depressed that the only thing you have to do is ask this question daily.

They told everyone to stay away from you, so you can be 25 year old depressed suicidal virgin... that was their master plan all along.....     really???

• Jake

Of course not. Sex before marriage is a sin and a person can know this with certainty by reciting the rosary every day with care.

No you have done the right thing not having sex until you are married. God does not like for us to do fornication nor does he like it when we do adultery. read Hebrews 13:4 Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled: but fornicators and adulterers God will judge. Thanks for the question.

As a person who is more than twice your age, 

I will tell you that my answer is 'no'. 

Never give yourself the right to end any part of a life 

that has yet to take place, and that you haven't lived yet. 

There is a user in this section who's a clinical psychologist. Contact him.