What’s the deal with my supervisor?

Hi everyone so I am a courtesy clerk working at Safeway and I talked to my supervisor because I was interested in taking the cashier position. She said she would talk to the main boss but nothing has happened. I really wanted this position and worried I won’t get it. Any advice on how to feel about this? Serious answers please!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

You need to talk to Human Resources, if you are getting nowhere with management.

You also need to consider, If all the cashier positions are filled there is no room for you.

The customer service employees in the company I worked for WERE Cashiers, just a different post with more responsibilities, (a step towards customer service managers).

• 3 weeks ago

keep asking (politely) / wait your turn, ? {My son went from courtesy clerk to cashier after a few years.}

• 3 weeks ago

Speak with the main boss yourself, ask if/when there might be some availability to train.  I say speak because you'd be able to tell by their reaction whether your manager ever put you on the "list."

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Courtesy desk is a better job. Why would you want to be a cashier?

• Never
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

At Publix where I shop, I have watched at least a half dozen courtesy desk workers get promotions. Its rare that cashiers get promotions. At publx, they do all a cashier does & more.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • blank
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

She may have not of asked the main boss yet or she may be wanting for an answer 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.