What’s the deal with my supervisor?

Hi everyone so I am a courtesy clerk working at Safeway and I talked to my supervisor because I was interested in taking the cashier position. She said she would talk to the main boss but nothing has happened. I really wanted this position and worried I won’t get it. Any advice on how to feel about this? Serious answers please!

Favorite Answer

You need to talk to Human Resources, if you are getting nowhere with management.

You also need to consider, If all the cashier positions are filled there is no room for you.

The customer service employees in the company I worked for WERE Cashiers, just a different post with more responsibilities, (a step towards customer service managers).

keep asking (politely) / wait your turn, ? {My son went from courtesy clerk to cashier after a few years.}

Speak with the main boss yourself, ask if/when there might be some availability to train.  I say speak because you'd be able to tell by their reaction whether your manager ever put you on the "list."

Courtesy desk is a better job. Why would you want to be a cashier?

• Never
      3 weeks agoReport

At Publix where I shop, I have watched at least a half dozen courtesy desk workers get promotions. Its rare that cashiers get promotions. At publx, they do all a cashier does & more.

• blank

She may have not of asked the main boss yet or she may be wanting for an answer