Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Why does my ex gf act like nothing happened between us? ?

My ex and i broke up almost a month ago from a 1.5 year long relationship. She says she wants to stay friends and she was the one to call it off. Now she acts like nothing happened between us and seems to be moved on already. I go on and off about the break up. We share close friend group so its hard for me to go no contact but i believe that i should. How should i go about about all of this?

Because she doesn't care. I know that sucks cause im sure you care for her but she probably found someone better, dont do the whole friend thing either, thats basically like saying I want you in my life just in case things dont work out with other people. Remove yourself from the group or hang out with them without her and dont mention her. Act like nothing happened too and eventually you won't care. Live your best life man there are way too many pretty girls, maybe go out and have some fun. Don't let her have that power over you 

Don't be in the same group than her.move on.

• Hypnos

If it's hurting you to stay in contact with her then you should cut her off. At the end of the day, your not together anymore and she's made it quite clear that the fact you were couldn't have meant too much to her. So you need to do what's best for you now and give yourself the space and time to heal. It may be difficult sharing the same friends but at the end of the day if your friends understand where you're coming from they'll respect that when you want to hang out it's just with those friends and if she wants to hang out with them she can do so without you present. Tell her how you're feeling and that you need to let the friendship go now because it's not healthy for you to keep talking to her when it's still affecting you.

• LP7

She may have found someone else.Ask her why?The being friends bit is shallow to hide her guilt.It is also condescending.Talk to your friend for support.Her attitude should tell you it's not worth your energy trying to get an honest answer out of her.Let her go and learn from the relationship.Appreciate a girl who is honest from the get go.

To be fair to your ex, everyone handles a breakup differently. I think you should just have an honest talk with her. Ask her how she's doing, maybe it's only a front and she's also doing her best to move on as well. Then after that, you could try not communicating for a while.

because she is ashamed.

edit: sorry that was my little brother