Anonymous

Why are the Japanese so creative?

I'm not a weeb. Just want to throw that out there. This is not me gushing about my obsession with their culture - because I don't have one. However, there is no denying the variety of imaginative works they can put out. For every single time they cross the line of subtlety, they blast up and beyond to the point where said line is about as irrelevant and innocuous as the "shoulders off the table" rule to a morbidly obese competition eater.

I have one observation: They don't seem preoccupied with quality. Their quest to create what's in their head, they often don't worry about adhering to the rules of artwork. I'm a fellow rulebreaker, so I respect that... But they often draw the line [*cough* show don't tell *cough* *cough*. Just take a look at Hideo Kojima. He just puts out what rocks about in his head. He doesn't worry about doing what everybody wants and avoiding what people typically don't like. But then we have people like Hidetaka Miyazaki and Akira Kurosawa. These are two people who are greatly influenced by western cultures and artistic rules, yet they STILL come up with these incredibly imaginative works.

I'm on the verge of creating an essay here, so I'll quit while I'm ahead.

The question still stands: Why the hell are the Japanese so creative?

• reme_1

Every culture has its own art, music, dance, etc.

Japan, Australia, New Zealand and Polynesia were 

part of Lemuria, which was a grand island-paradise

that stretched from Australia to Hawaii over 500,000 years ago.

The Lemurians were a magical and even telepathic race. 

They were female-oriented so they excelled at the arts, healing, music etc. 

Atlantis and the Great Flood came later. 

• Donna

It's how their nationality is. It's how they're brought up.

I'm unaware of any great creativity from Japan.  In fact the exact opposite is true, they tend to follow trends and then improve on them.  Electronics, cars, planes, the list goes on. Nothing original, all improved copies.  Individuals are different to societies.