How low is this man?

I recently broke up with the man I had been seeing for over a year because he asked to borrow $4k to payoff his credit cards and I refused because within that time we dated I paid for everything.  So now we were speaking and he said that he couldn’t move in with me because he couldn’t cover his portion of the bills because he makes less than me.  I told him that if he lived with me I wouldn’t make him pay half of everything because I know I make more than him.  He replied “even if I made more than you, I still don’t have to pay half because it is 4 of you and only one of me”.  Meaning, because I have 3 kids, I have to cover more of rent basically 80% because I have kids and he only has to cover 20%.  How low is that?  If he came into my family with a daughter, I wouldn’t make him pay more rent because of that. 

Thanks everyone.

Favorite Answer

This guy sounds like a real gutless liberal.  You definitely want to stay away from clowns like this.

What woman pays a guy's way for over a year? Are you that desperate for a boyfriend? Maybe it's time to find a real man who can stand on his own two feet and take care of himself.

I'd die before i let this guy live in my house. And i would have broken things off with him a long time ago

• Ben

What's your point? He shouldn't live with you anyway sounds like you got enough on your plate.

How low (desperate) are you? Be glad he is out of your life (but as an accountant I am more in agreement with his math. P S You are paying 100% now).

He is just wrong. I'm not sure Id call it low.

• ?

> How low is this man????

NO. How EMPTY is your brain????

You aren't asking the right questions!

If this man cannot support himself and cannot pay his own debts,

WHY are you even considering having this man move in with you???

WHY would you consider exposing your children to this person??

You aren't asking the right questions. Don't be that desperate that you would take in a man, knowing full well that he can't do anything for himself. Are you looking for another child to take care of??? -- Because that's exactly what he is.