Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 3 weeks ago

Is my dog seeing/hearing a ghost in my house?

My dog constantly acts like she is seeing someone in my house. I will get a really bad feeling and the room suddenly feels cooler. Then my dog whether she is awake or asleep will get up, give a few little barks walks to the middle of the room wagging her tail. Then she backs up as if whatever it is it going to play with her and she brings a toy out from her toy bin. Then when it doesn’t play with her she gets “mad” and starts giving a frustrated bark at it. Is there a ghost in my house or is my dog just being a little werido?

I think you conjured up this story & there isn't any truth or honesty in your question.

Your dog is just being weird.

Ghosts do not exist.

• Jack H

No, it's probably just aliens using cloaks of invisibility, they often visit to check on the quantity and quality of dog toys, if you fall short on either, they may turn nasty so keep buying the toys, you know it makes sense...

Source(s): My dog explained it to me some time ago, in a toy shop where she had shoplifters a pink flamingo...
  • PR

Your dog is probably picking up on your tension and anxiety. Dogs are very sensitive to their human companions and their emotions, which may cause them in the least, be on alert or act differently. 

Since you are concerned and wondering, your dog is also wondering what is going on and what you are worried about. Since you are likely looking around, and feeling a little uneasy, she wants to either play, or make you feel better.

Our dog always knew when I was upset or worried. She would do things she did not ordinarily do.

You might consider going to the doctor if you continue to have changes in temperature, or weird sensations. There are health conditions that can cause this, which can even cause anxiety and negative emotions. Afib is one I can think of because it floods the system with adrenaline. People with atrial fibrilation sometimes describe a feeling of impending doom or fright just before an attack or during an episode. See your doctor if you have concerns or sensations like this.

Dogs can sometimes also sense impending seizures, health issues, and anxiety, and then react to these as well. Not all dogs do this, of course, but human emotions and hormones can cause alert or behavior changes even in a sleeping dog.

• Ben

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Does it do backflips too? And twirl around?? Awesome!!

Could be either one..a wierdo or a spirit..

Try to record that.....

Far more likely mice or other critters

• Linda

It has been said animals can sense ghosts and spirits. So ya never know?