Will this be a problematic situation?

Today, my coworker processed a return and gave back a customer her money back since the customer had paid in cash. 

We have a policy at our job where if the customer pays over 100 dollars in cash, we have to give a refund as a mail check. The customer had only paid 80 dollars. My coworker asked me if it was okay and I said yes. 

Another coworker came in today and saw in parentheses that it had shown the register as short. She said we could not do that unless the register has enough to give out but I have never heard of that. 

Will I get in trouble for this? I felt bad because my coworker asked me when I was helping someone so I wasn't paying full attention. 

Favorite Answer

Just be honest, you were doing your job, you were busy, you didn't think twice.

• Linda

I think you will since she asked you and you said yes without paying attention to what she asked you.