Fermented hot sauce exploding in bottle?

Does anyone have trouble with their bottled hot sauce exploding? I have made a lot of fermented hot sauce and after a few weeks they tend to explode even after I keep them in the fridge. If I add vinegar to the blending process it prevents this, but wouldn't adding vinegar defeat the purpose of fermenting? Killing the good bacteria? Any tips or advice for storing and preserving the hot sauce long term without explosions when opening the top from CO2 build up? Thank you!

Its just the same as *****- can randomly explode if you leave it unexposed for too long. I'd show your hot sauce some porn

• Prince

You don't ferment in a bottle. Even wine is done in wooden casks. 

That's just me farting

The co2 will produce gas and cause it to expload

people usually don't use enough hot sauce of any kind to provide an actual health benefit.

If you want good bacteria for health benefits, eat naturally fermented pickles, sauerkraut or yogurt and kefir.

You don't want to bottle anything that is still fermenting. Fermentation needs to have finished before you bottle it.

Firstly, who ferments hot sauce? Secondly, based on my knowledge of vinegar, isn't it often used in the fermenting process?

• ckngbbbls
      3 weeks agoReport

Keep in mind that yogurt is also fermented and there is NO vinegar involved.

You bottle it after the fermenting is finished. How you achieve that is up to you.

Your hot sauce is decomposed (rotting) and the bacteria are causing gas which is causing it to explode.

You’ll need to do hot water processing if you want to preserve it.

• Frank

Once the hot sauce is in the bottle, fermentation should not be continuing. Who’s hot sauce is this? Is this homemade? CO2 can be dangerous if it’s allowed to pressurize bottles.