Queen asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

Dog ate big chocolate cookie she’s 17 pounds less than an ounce of dark chocolate ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

    She probably didn’t eat enough to harm her.  A dog has to eat almost their body weight in chocolate for it to kill the dog. Even if a human ate their body weight in chocolate, we would die too.  If you’re really concerned, give your dog’s vet a call.  It’s never a bad thing to call the vet if you’re concerned about something.  That’s what they spent all that money on their vet degree for :)

  • 3 weeks ago

    It won't likely kill the dog. However, better safe than sorry. Take her into a vet as soon as you can.

  • 3 weeks ago

    Dark chocolate is the worst. Have you called your Vet about this? Have you googled & searched for toxic amounts?

    An averaged sized dog can eat almost 30 lbs of milk chocolate for it to kill the dog. Yeah, that is quite a lot of milk chocolate, dark chocolate is worse.

    I don't think your dog got enough chocolate to kill her but you may see diarrhea & upset stomach. No Vets on this site, we are just strangers, children & trolls. Google, call your Vet.

  • 3 weeks ago

    Then take it too a vet

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Murzy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    She will be fine.

  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

    Get her looked at by the vet. Dogs and chocolate do NOT mix well!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.