Anonymous

What does it take to get college admission rescinded? D? ?

I currently have a D+ in precalc, but the rest of my grades are mostly A’s and one or two B’s. My gpa is 3.61 and I got a 1290 on the SAT. Would getting a D in precalc have any effect on my admissions to Indiana, Iowa, UK, or Tennessee so long as I get A’s and B’s in the rest of my classes (including two weighted classes). Thanks.

Favorite Answer

State universities typically don't rescind admissions offers unless you 1. don't graduate high school or 2. don't meet a university admissions requirement. However, if either of those things happen, they probably will rescind. 

So if (and only if) the D in precalculus means you don't pass a required year of math studies (some places consider Ds a failing grade), and/or don't meet graduation requirements, then they will rescind.

Private universities have a little more leeway.

• drip

If anything they would ask for a letter of explanation. And they are going to want your grades from the end of this semester and next semester.

• MS

Doubtful.  Your overall GPA shouldn't take much of a hit with that, and you're otherwise proving yourself still a good student.

IU will possibly rescind but it’s not necessarily likely, maybe even Tennessee would but I doubt it.  Iowa and UK- there’s no way.  So, ur probably fine overall, just talk to IU.