Anonymous

What does it take to get college admission rescinded? D? ?

I currently have a D+ in precalc, but the rest of my grades are mostly A’s and one or two B’s. My gpa is 3.61 and I got a 1290 on the SAT. Would getting a D in precalc have any effect on my admissions to Indiana, Iowa, UK, or Tennessee so long as I get A’s and B’s in the rest of my classes (including two weighted classes). Thanks.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

State universities typically don't rescind admissions offers unless you 1. don't graduate high school or 2. don't meet a university admissions requirement. However, if either of those things happen, they probably will rescind. 

So if (and only if) the D in precalculus means you don't pass a required year of math studies (some places consider Ds a failing grade), and/or don't meet graduation requirements, then they will rescind.

Private universities have a little more leeway.

• drip
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

If anything they would ask for a letter of explanation. And they are going to want your grades from the end of this semester and next semester.

• MS
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Doubtful.  Your overall GPA shouldn't take much of a hit with that, and you're otherwise proving yourself still a good student.

• 4 weeks ago

IU will possibly rescind but it’s not necessarily likely, maybe even Tennessee would but I doubt it.  Iowa and UK- there’s no way.  So, ur probably fine overall, just talk to IU.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.