Dose a smiley piercing hurt more then a tongue piercing?

I'd say yes. A tongue piercing you barely feel when piercing it's the healing process that sucks with the tongue. A smiley hurts a tad worse I'd say but it's super quick. Both of these piercings can damage teeth and gums (not trying to discourage)

Everyone's pain tolerance is different, so that's hard to say. I am one of those people where my piercing experiences never seem to line up with the most common report about how much the piercing hurts (for example, people said the septum piercing was nearly painless and I thought it was agony, and people said that a daith piercing was pure torture and I didn't think it was that bad at all). It is dependent completely on the person. Now, for whatever it's worth, I will say that web piercings have a reputation for being very minimal in terms of pain. I have my tongue web pierced, and that was by far the lowest level of pain I have ever felt for a piercing. I know a smiley is in a different place, but it is still a web piercing, so my guess is that regardless of how it compares to a tongue piercing, it wouldn't be that bad.