Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

Why is it so hard to do things?

I struggle to get out of bed in the morning, I struggle to do self care, if I have something I need to do, I procrastinate until the last second by sleeping. Everyone tells me I’m just a procrastinator or I’m just lazy. I also get pretty light headed sometimes and just feel like falling over and have been having memory and really bad sight problems (I’ll need laser surgery done soon). Also, I don’t even want to talk, argue or even laugh with my friends and family anymore. I’ve been getting enough sleep recently and stayed away from my phone for a while so I don’t get it. My period has also stopped too. I’m only 14 if that helps. Any answers on here would really help.

Happiness is the best nourishment.

- Brahma Kumaris

Hon, you are just depressed. I would try to see a therapist. it seems scary and maybe even not needed, but trust me. I was once were you are, and it is so hard. You deserve only the best out of life. Take care of yourself. You are important, and you are so young still! You have so much life to live, and you need to be able to live it. Find someone to talk to. Do it. Please. From someone who wasted years of her life on anxiety and depression.

• Lauren3 weeks agoReport

For me, music was the thing that pulled me through. Try to find a hobby or tv show. A sport, a YouTube channel, anything that can make you feel a bit more alive. And focus on that thing. Let it inspire you, and hold onto it tight 

Everyone has to go through something in life. It's all about perseverance . Just try to speak more highly about your situation. It's not the end of the world your only 14 . You'll get better at this life **** just keep moving forward buddy

• Age doesn't matter, it is the end of the world that's why she has to fix this now.

i struggle with most of the things you said, i am not depressed but i am not happy either. don't have much to say to your friends or family.  just a few comments here and there, and lack the brain for life. (until the last second... you said your a procrastinator soo until the last second your brain is regular. until the last second life matters to you, so what happens to your brain in that last second? , your desires, and wants, fear of not accomplishing them. Fear of failure.

• Idk3 weeks agoReport

I can’t go to therapy. My parents said no.

Depression probably. It's common in people your age, it makes you not want to do stuff and you feel tired all the time. Itll come and go, but if it's really messing with you then you should talk to someone at school about it.

• Idk3 weeks agoReport

I’ll get in trouble like the last time I tried that.

That is textbook depression. I've been where you are and I'll tell you that the solution to your problem is to just force yourself to do things. You need to override your feelings and just get up and do things. Having a list or schedule can be really helpful. After a while you will get much better at being motivated. Now there is a chance you have a chemical imbalance or something but I'd look into that as a last resort.

• Leeroy

There's a variety of potential reasons. 

1.) One possible reason is depression. It's often classified of lack of motivation, an inability to find joy in things you previously enjoyed, low energy, etc. 

2.) A common component of ADD is Executive Dysfunction. The executive function part of your brain is responsible for motivation and the ability to prioritize tasks. Not being able to self motivate makes it difficult to get things done and not being able to prioritize tasks makes it difficult to decide on what to do. 

3.) Cessation of menstruation can be caused by multiple things. One of those is malnourishment. Not eating enough can make it difficult to perform daily tasks and can cause depression or depression like symptoms, especially if the reason for not eating is an eating disorder. 

This might be something worth talking to your doctor about. You might be depressed, you might be malnourished, or something else! Someone on Yahoo Answers can't diagnose you, but what you've mentioned here sounds like it's worth talking about. 

• Idk3 weeks agoReport

I can’t go to a doctor. Parents won’t take me..

• Ben

That's really the question. The hardness of these things.