Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

I live in fear of my dad.?

I live in fear of my dad. I always feel like he is a step away from cracking, so I walk on eggshells around him, avoiding having interactions with him. He lets his anger get the best of him, and the other day he shoved my little brother off of the bed by his neck. This is not to say that my brother wasn t acting up, but my brother did not speak for hours after that happened. Everytime I try and tell my parents how I m feeling- which is overwhelmed and unloved, they just disregard my feelings, and today my dad said that was "bull****". I don t know what to do, and I don t really have a question, but I don t know how to get him to realize that I am afraid of him, and I don t think that that is how I should have to live. What should I do?

Really difficult situation. Honestly just pray. God will protect you buddy

Maybe you could live with Pearl L. but remember she has a severe mental

disability and becomes violent when drinking which is most every day.  We 

don't know your age so it is hard to give advice.

You and your brother deserve to feel safe in your home. 

If you can, please speak to a trusted adult about this. Guidance counselors, teachers, even an older friend can help you. 

You’re very brave for reaching out to us on Yahoo Answers, but there’s not a lot we can do, not knowing you or the situation. 

If you can’t speak to anyone in your life about this yet, please do what you can to survive. It can be very difficult and isolating to feel as if we can’t be safe around our parents, but I promise there is an end to this pain, and there are people out there who can help you come to terms with and heal from this someday. 

Your responsibility is to yourself first and foremost, please prioritize your safety over making your family understand your hurt. 

I wish you the world and all the stars. 

hes being abusive, call cps

This sounds pretty serious. No kid should be grabbed by the neck in any way. I know you can't talk to your dad about this but try to talk to your mom or another family member about it. Someone needs to know and understand that this is not ok .find a family member or friend , or teacher, someone about this .i wish you luck . You shouldn't have to live in fear from your parents. It's heart breaking , so please find a family member to talk to about this or someone who will listen and do something to change it .