Question for anyone who's a good writer or for English majors. Is this a good example of high-level English writing?

I have a question about a comment I saw posted on the post of one of my friends on Facebook. It was posted by a mutual friend of ours. I just want to know if it's a high-level English writing or if there are errors? Because I had mentioned to her before that her English is really high level but she doubts it. But then she commented on something using some sentences that took me rereading before I really understood it. So I want to know if this is an example of high leveled writing or do you think there's something that needs to be corrected? I suspect it's just high-level writing but maybe some of your experts can let me know. Just read it below I posted it.

" It was a simple message that maybe if I listened any other time may have just been randomly filed away as good and true but just a mental ascent. "

No, it's not good. I can't even figure out what it means. What's a mental ascent? Does she mean assent? And "may" should be "might" (the subjunctive). And still it's convoluted and confusing, to the point where I can't even try to rewrite it because I'm not sure what it's supposed to be saying.

• Andrew

That sentence reads as though it had originally been composed in Aymara and was then put through a rubbish online translation program that ran it from Greenlandic to Farsi to Korean to Basque to Latvian and then into English, after which a startled cat ran across the keyboard just prior to you posting the end result here.  

It's horrible writing. What does it even mean?

• Lujk

no. where are the commas??? a 4th grade english teacher would give you a 2 / 10 for this.