Do you think my professor gave me this grade because he felt bad for me?

This is about my public speaking class. I had my “How-to” speech the other day. Describe it in a few words? Sure, it sucked. I was crying in the bathroom because I felt so insecure during my speech and I feel like it totally showed. My topic was pretty good compared to the rest of the class at least. I chose how to take blood pressure so maybe that was a plus. 

But he graded me with a 97%!!!! And on top of that he wrote on the grading rubric “very confident” which totally shocked me because I literally cried for hours over how insecure I was :v which just makes me wonder, dis he just feel bad for me? But then again, is he allowed to do that? I mean him as a professor, if I do bad on a speech he has to be honest and grade fair. So I don’t understand :v. 

I know you guys didn’t see my speech so probably can’t judge based on that, but what do you think?? Im so confused. 

Favorite Answer

Sometimes how we feel is not reflected in how we act.

Internally you may have been scared, but outwardly you looked and sounded confident.

You don't have to feel confident to appear confident. That's a common misbelief among students. You need to ACT confident- eventually, with practice and good feedback, you'll feel that way. He liked your speech. Don't over-analyze. 

• Squid

It doesn't matter if you cried all night and threw up and wet your pants.  All that matters is what you did during the presentation.

• juliet

Don’t question it!! Just be glad!

It's possible that you didn't project how you really felt inside. I don't think he felt sorry for you.

Your parents likely  paid him off.