Do you think my professor gave me this grade because he felt bad for me?

This is about my public speaking class. I had my “How-to” speech the other day. Describe it in a few words? Sure, it sucked. I was crying in the bathroom because I felt so insecure during my speech and I feel like it totally showed. My topic was pretty good compared to the rest of the class at least. I chose how to take blood pressure so maybe that was a plus. 

But he graded me with a 97%!!!! And on top of that he wrote on the grading rubric “very confident” which totally shocked me because I literally cried for hours over how insecure I was :v which just makes me wonder, dis he just feel bad for me? But then again, is he allowed to do that? I mean him as a professor, if I do bad on a speech he has to be honest and grade fair. So I don’t understand :v. 

I know you guys didn’t see my speech so probably can’t judge based on that, but what do you think?? Im so confused. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Sometimes how we feel is not reflected in how we act.

Internally you may have been scared, but outwardly you looked and sounded confident.

• 1 month ago

You don't have to feel confident to appear confident. That's a common misbelief among students. You need to ACT confident- eventually, with practice and good feedback, you'll feel that way. He liked your speech. Don't over-analyze. 

• Squid
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It doesn't matter if you cried all night and threw up and wet your pants.  All that matters is what you did during the presentation.

• juliet
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Don’t question it!! Just be glad!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It's possible that you didn't project how you really felt inside. I don't think he felt sorry for you.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Your parents likely  paid him off.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.