Hey Guys! My computer crashed and only partially saved my word document, so any help recovering it would be greatly appreciated!!?

So, I have recently been studying for my mathematics high school teacher certification test and have been recording my answers on Microsoft word. Stupidly, I have been putting my laptop to sleep nightly without saving the document. Last night my computer crashed and word had only auto-saved part of the document. There were 100 multiple choice questions that I answered and corrections that I made on there, and now there is only 49/100 showing. My exam is next Friday so any help in recovering this file would be greatly appreciated since I do not have time to redo the whole practice test! Thank you!

• keerok

There's usually some temp files with obscure names that goes to the top of the list in the file manager. Try making copies of those and renaming the copies with .doc extensions then see if they open up correctly in Word. Try the biggest one first. That's usually the working file.

• Dick

A program called Recuva my save your butt. Give it a try and it's FREE. You can get the software here: <<<<< https://download.cnet.com/s/recuva/ >>>>> Hope this helps recover all of your work.

• Fred

Too much extraneous info here that he thinks makes it sound legit. New account.

TROLL. (Also "!!?")

• kristine3 weeks agoReport

Hi I’m sorry I’m not a “troll” or whatever that means. Honestly just a college student trying to get help with my problem so I can finish studying for my licensure exam! I made this account as a last effort for help since I couldn’t figure it out on my own!