Anonymous

is it too late?

i have severe ocd and depression... from the ages 15-24 i religiously obsessed over disinfectant spray and disinfectant wipes (mostly clorox)... i would spend at least 4 hours a day in my small apartment spraying and cleaning everything with no ventilation or mask... i even used the wipes directly on my skin.. i would use a whole spray bottle in my car with the doors closed and wouldn't stop until everything was saturated.. i would go through at least 1 spray bottle and 2 containers of wipes a day.. i know NOW that this is HORRIBLE.. but in my head i was keeping myself and people around me safe and healthy.. i recently learned about the toxicity and damage that these products can have and i'm just wondering: do you think i have done permanent damage to my body and it is too late to recover? have i shaved years off of my life and could i already have cancer?? i am so very depressed about what i have done to my body.. i cry daily thinking about how i poisoned the body and life god gave me..😞😞 i know there is no way to know for sure... but could someone please tell me if there is some hope that i can recover and live a long, happy life? i can't stop thinking about what i've done.... 

forgot to say i am a 25 year old female.. my dr says my immune system is very weak and i always seem to catch weird viruses

please don't answer if you don't have any medical knowledge..

Favorite Answer

Disinfecting wipes don't have any long term toxicity.  They do their thing and degrade quickly.  Same is true of hand sanitizer.  I believe the only reason your immune system is compromised is all your worrying.  You are making yourself sick wondering if you are sick.  If I could wave a magic wand and remove your anxiety, I suspect your immune system would be back to 100% in a month.  But nobody has that sort of magic wand.  Eat well, get exercise, take a multi-vitamin and a probiotic.