The LGBT community misgenders people way more than straight people, isn't it hypocritical to demand others to use their preferred pronouns?

I'm 38, and I've been openly gay since I was 18. 20 years ago, the preferred pronouns thing wasn't even a thing. Yet gay people are the group of people who misgenders other people the most.

Ever since I was 18, I avoided certain gay people like the plague. There are to this day, gay people who don't respect other people's preferred pronouns even after repeatedly telling them that you don't want to be referred with feminine pronouns.

I've always hated gay people who refer to me or other as "girl", "*****", "she", "her". Even after letting these people know time and time again that one is not comfortable being referred to as female.

One of the reasons I don't have many gay friends, is because gay men insist on referring to each other with feminine pronouns even after asking not to be referred to in such way time and time again.

The LGBT community misgenders people way way more often than straight people ever do, isn't it hypocritical for the LGBT community to demand others to use their preferred pronouns?

• Bob

I wouldn’t worry about it, men will always be men and women will always be women, nobody can ever be arrested for saying the truth

• reme_1

Are you effeminate? Most gay guys refer to the effeminate guys as she but that is usually only friends.

Just because we are gay we are not perfect. Some people just don't listen.

I don't mind when my LGBT+ friends use alternate/feminine pronouns or words in reference to me. It doesn't matter.

Trans do get a bit picky when it comes to "misgendering" but what do you expect, when you alter yourself from a natural state.

• If you aren't trans, you're not worth the oxygen. We will annihilate the cis.

Slow down there young man.

Transgender is not gay (homosexual) its no more so than is a Harley Davidson a Mack truck. Are you sure you have avoided these people, if they have not come looking for you that says its them who have avoided you.

I personally have lots of gay friends, NON of them call me or each other she.

Yes clearly these is a problem. The bathroom mirror will show you where its coming from.

I don't believe you've interacted with a single gay person in 30 years if this is actually not a troll. Gay men don't refer to each other as she any longer. Some drag queens did that into the 90s, but nobody else. And the trans assholes--they can go f#ck themselves.