Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 3 weeks ago

Is there a term for something like pornography that is meant more to be cute than to arouse sexual interest?

5 Answers

  • roger
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago




  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

    In the old innocent days they used to talk about "girlie pictures" or "pin-up art." There was an artist named Alberto Vargas who specialized in that kind of stuff for Esquire, back when it was considered a racy magazine. He also worked for Playboy in its early years. You can google him.

  • 3 weeks ago

    titillating? titillation?

  • 3 weeks ago

    Risque is a somewhat out of date term.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Nancy
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

    Yes. It's called "kitsch" or sometimes "porno-kitsch" to differentiate it from another more generic meaning "kitsch" has.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.