Can impeachment be "withdrawn" or "termianted"?

is it grammartically correct or make sense to say "impeachment can be withdrawn/terminated/ceased"?

What is the correct word for "cancelling" an impeachment? I need it for a sentence in an essay. Thanks

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Go with http://essaysshop.com for essay writing services

• 3 weeks ago

YES. Congress or the Senate can certainly file a request or petition to vote for the withdrawal- ending - closing - nullification - SUSPENSION(?) of the so-called (non-legitimate) impeachment trial. They then could hold a vote, and put this bad joke - and embarrassing chapter of American history to a rest. 

And BTW, the congress or senate should immediately stop this illegal charade put on by the left-wing faction of the Democrat party. It is a very transparent attempt at a coup by some complicit long-time crooks in the Democrat party. 

(Probably don't want to put my commentary in your school essay though! Teacher or Prof is probably a liberal and liberals are not known to be fair and balanced, so it could affect your grade)

Also: Terminated, as a word, more often refers to a firing, final closing, "That account was terminated." or death. But could work in this context too.

• busterwasmycat
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

It isn't a charade and it is not illegal.  The only illegality has been from the president and his cronies.  How blind are you to right and wrong and the law as it exists in the USA?

• 3 weeks ago

What is this?  A center for ants?

• 3 weeks ago

I think so......

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • David
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It should be, because every accusation against Trump has proven false.

• Boomerful3 weeks agoReport

Thank You David. Truth will out. The word choice of 'Terminate' though, is probably not the best one, grammatically, to put to the ending of this pompous charade known, mostly by the liberal media, as "The impeachment trial".  It's not even a trial!

• RP
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Since impeachment is essentially an indictment or accusation, once it occurs, it cannot be withdrawn or terminated. During the trial phase, which occurs in the Senate, the verdict may be not guilty in which case the person would remain impeached, but not convicted.

• Boomerful3 weeks agoReport

Then can you expound, please, WHY the media is calling this horse & pony show, and even listing this on channel programming as "the impeachment TRIAL" ?  It is not a trial. It is a covert, NON constitutional media blitz.

• 3 weeks ago

I am not certain that possibility exists in law.  Once the impeachment has been agreed upon 9passed by vote, enacted as a bill), it is done and cannot be undone.  The next step of a trial in the senate must follow.  The trial can acquit the target of the impeachment, but once impeached, always impeached.  No cancellation or annulment is possible.  It is like losing virginity, what is done, is done and cannot be undone.

• busterwasmycat
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Go read the constitution, loud and ignorant "person".  Impeachment for treason, bribery, other high crimes and misdemeanors.  Are you trying to pretend that Trump has done nothing that is worthy of investigation and trial?  If so, I strongly disagree.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

There's no official term. Most accurate would be "aborted" but in view of its other connotations you might want to go with "terminated" which is less precise since it could also mean that the process reached a conclusion. Maybe "prematurely terminated."

• Squid
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

If you are talking about the Trump hearings, any of those work.  If you are talking about Clinton's impeachment, you can't change it.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.