Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 4 weeks ago

How to fix Microsoft Word not responding when opening documents?

This has been happening for a while now and it is very irritating. Every time I try to open documents on my laptop, MacBook Pro 2017, Word stops responding. It happens on all documents and I have to use Word Online, which lacks many of features of the application itself. I feel like I've tried everything including reinstalling and clearing the Auto Recovery folder. Anything helps, thanks!

• Lv 7

uninstall and reinstall it.

Have you right click on a Microsoft word document and said open with and then set Microsoft word as the default? friend there's a possibility that some other office product got installed and uninstalled at some time on your computer and it took over the file association if you're having a problem where you're trying to open a word document and it's not opening and crashing then try right clicking on the document and saying open with and then choose Microsoft word and set it as your default.

• try reinstalling to a different directory or moving the file's your trying to open. try defragging your drive. check your task manager for unusual cpu or ram spikes.