Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 4 weeks ago

How to fix Microsoft Word not responding when opening documents?

This has been happening for a while now and it is very irritating. Every time I try to open documents on my laptop, MacBook Pro 2017, Word stops responding. It happens on all documents and I have to use Word Online, which lacks many of features of the application itself. I feel like I've tried everything including reinstalling and clearing the Auto Recovery folder. Anything helps, thanks!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

uninstall and reinstall it.

• 4 weeks ago

Have you right click on a Microsoft word document and said open with and then set Microsoft word as the default? friend there's a possibility that some other office product got installed and uninstalled at some time on your computer and it took over the file association if you're having a problem where you're trying to open a word document and it's not opening and crashing then try right clicking on the document and saying open with and then choose Microsoft word and set it as your default.

• try reinstalling to a different directory or moving the file's your trying to open. try defragging your drive. check your task manager for unusual cpu or ram spikes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.