? asked in PetsCats · 4 weeks ago

Cat question need help immediately!!!!!!?

Hello Ive had my cat for about 2 years now and we got him fixed. We now have brought in 2 new kittens and he is spraying again! How do we make him stop?!?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • J C
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

And how did you introduce them?  Did you plunk the new kittens down in the middle of the living room and expect them to be friends?   New pets need to be introduced gradually.   Take the kittens and put them in their own room with food and litter, and close the door.   Look  up 'proper cat integration'.   Jackson Galaxy has excellent advice.   The your cat will need about 2 weeks to get used to the newcomers.  Have the kittens been to the vet for testing for FeLV/FIV?   Wormed and flea treated?   Go back, and start over.   Clean the areas he has sprayed thoroughly with an enzymatic cleaner like Nature's Miracle (pet store or Walmart).   Get a gallon and soak all the spots.   

• 4 weeks ago

My cat had puppies. Explain that and I'll answer your question dude

• PR
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Take the kittens back. If one is a female you may be able to keep that one, but if either are males, this behavior may continue.

• 4 weeks ago

He's spraying as a warning to these kittens that it's HIS territory, not theirs. The kittens will never feel comfortable and may start marking around your home as well, in order to try and get some turf of their own and your whole home is going to wreak of cat pee. 

You need to start the introduction process all over again. Your cat needs to feel safe and like it's HIS home without having to claim it. He needs to learn how to share it, but sometimes, this doesn't happen all the time. He may still mark, even if he learns to tolerate the kittens or once he accepts them, he may stop.

But start introducing again, the SLOW way.

• Tami4 weeks agoReport

sprayed so we definitely are keeping them apart and they can sniff under the door but what can we do for a smooth transition?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.