Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 weeks ago

Did I lose too much weight to quickly?

I’m 18, 5’4 and have been 115lbs for the past 3 years. Recently a lot of people have been commenting on my weight loss. I didn’t notice I looked physically different, so I weighed myself. In early August, I was still 115lbs, and this morning I was at 102.6... I haven’t been intentionally losing weight and am worried that because I’m not doing it on purpose, it may continue to go down. My question is did I lose too much weight too quickly?

I do get headaches a lot and feel nauseous quite often. I thought it was stress but could it be from this weight loss? Should I be seeing someone because of it? Any help is greatly appreciated

Also, I don’t really play sports and don’t enjoy working out lol so I don’t exercise in a way that would make me lose weight. I do walk about 2-4 miles a day, but I’ve been doing that for the past 4 years. In fact this is the only time I haven’t been exercising (3 years of high school I was a runner), so that wouldn’t have a part of it

• Jerry

Are you stressed? Could that be the cause of the weight loss? If your diet and exercise habits haven't changed, perhaps seeing someone isn't a bad idea.

You didn't lose weight too quickly but its concerning that you don't know why you lost weight. Headaches and nausea are a concern too especially if they started around the same time you started to lose weight. If I were you I would see a doctor. 

Ok so at your height, 115 is pretty much where you'd want to be. Especially if you're female. That is relevant because the two have inherently different average physical properties and males tend to naturally have higher muscle content. That being said, I wouldn't say that 13 lbs in about 3 months is TOO fast but I definitely wouldn't keep it up. According to female hight/weight charts, 115 is actually towards the lower end of the spectrum. In my opinion it's actually a sweet spot. You may just not be eating enough and the symptoms you mentioned can definitely be caused by malnutrition. Check to see if you get cold easily, feel tired and fatigued, and also being thirsty a lot is a symptom. Over all, compared to average, you are a few pounds under weight and gaining 15 lbs would actually be just fine... good even.