Tom asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 3 weeks ago

Why would someone suggest killing a spider rather than throwing it out of a window?

I was out with two of my friends a few days ago. One of them (‘Friend A’) was speaking about a spider that was in her room, and how they had to throw it out of the window to get rid of it. I didn’t totally hear what my second friend (‘Friend B’) said in response, but ‘Friend A’ said in reply ‘I don’t like killing things’. Therefore ‘Friend B’ must have said something about having should have killed it instead of throwing it out of the window. Why would have ‘Friend B’ said this? Why would they suggest killing a spider rather than just throwing it out of a window?

• Noah

Again because inside spiders aren't adapted for outside putting them outside is a slow death!

It's not really a big deal.  There are people who are able to show mercy toward all types of insects and critters. If they have the ability to simply remove it, they will. I honestly envy people who have this ability.

For most people, if something is crawling in their house, they have the mindset of 'it's either it or me' becuase they're in discomfort, and it's easier and quicker to kill than to try to obtain it and remove it live. they are ugly disgusting things to fiddle with and typically come across as gross to human beings.Since I've grown over the years, I honestly don't like killing anything. But if a roach or spider is in my house, it's dead.

• martin

Many people kill them immediately because they are afraid of getting bit by them. However, if you kill one, his or her mate might bite you while you're sleeping.

• Goerge

Because they are different from you. It's just a frigging spider, who cares. You step on and kill dozens or insects every day and you don't go around mourning that last ant you killed. Why be such a drama queen, just kill the damn thing. I don't want a spider infestation, just kill it. Is there some sort of book that tells us that we can kill flies but not lady bugs, moths but not butterflies, kill roaches but not spiders. Why complicate things over a stupid little spider?

Why? Only they know why. We have one of these spiders right outside our front door. It's about 15 feet away and sometimes I'll come out and it'll be on or above the screen door or taking a stroll down the walkway. More often than not I see it in its web and if I saw it or a different spider I'd just sidestep them. There are a couple that are poisonous and if I see those, they dead.

Source(s): Can't remember the last time I killed a spider on purpose.

Oh my gosh I've been there. I feel like some people are just mildly spiteful that way. I've always been the one to catch it and put it outside and I get a little annoyed when someone just kills it. There have been a couple times where someone killed it while i was trying to catch it and... er ma gersh that gets me mad. I think to them it's just not that big of a deal. Like they don't see the value in the spider that you do. They probably don't intend to be awful or anything.

Also I think some people are huuuge pansies and they can't handle it

Spiders are evil, I kill all i see or come across.

• Goerge
      3 weeks agoReport

You are awesome. Never saw someone kill spiders they come across without even seeing them.