Bob asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 4 weeks ago

Has raising the amount made for the ACA helped you in cost?

It sure hasn't for me. It says I am getting a savings of $125.00 per month, but the prices are even higher. This is for sure a bait & switch. It's incredible how much it cost for just myself, and then how high the deductible is. I simply cannot afford it.

Favorite Answer

Its that whole pre-existing condition double edged sword...

If the health insurance companies have to take anyone, they need to charge everyone more.  When they pick and choose (underwrite), they can charge less.  

Its not anyone's fault except for the way insurance works.  If people really think healthcare is a human right, it needs to be socialized...otherwise, stop trying to limit the free market.  Its one or the other, cannot have it both ways.  

I don't really care which way we go, the top half (top 75 vs bottom 25...whatever) will pick up the slack for the bottom half monetarily.  Whether through higher premiums...higher hospital bills to offset non-payers, or through higher taxes, used to pay for those non-payers.  

Thank Obama and his Demo minions.

• Never

any savings are a joke because prices are double or triple what they were before ACA.  But my income is low enough where I get the bronze for free. But it does not pay for anything unless I spend $7500 or something. Except a free flu shot.

• Never
      4 weeks agoReport

I consider it a catastrophic plan. Although that is not what the ACA calls it.

• Susie

It wasn’t viable to begin with. And those who passed it, knew it. Just the road to the ultimate goal.  I know several who can no longer afford it.  

Yeah, it’s weird how a straight decade of a whole political party dedicating itself to sabotaging a thing can totally end up ruining that thing, isn’t it.