Is it normal for me to put a diaper on my 4-year-old before bed? ?

He is potty trained during the day but he is a bit small for bedtime pants right now. He is not special needs but he does have a very small bladder for a 4 year old.

No

I'd stop the liquids earlier

Make him pee often before bed and id wake him to pee before i went to bed.

Pull up are confusing to kids. They feel like a diaper and at 4 years ols that nasty and lazy....plus the whole bath thing hopefully after wetting

Him being small for bedtime pants is irrelevent, and quite frankly an excuse. You can surely find pajamas for him to wear that come in his size, you just need to go to the walmart clothing section and put the effort in to finding some.

As for wearing diapers at night at 4? It's normal, believe it or not! At 4, there bladders aren't fully developed at night, and there is a huge difference between daytime training vs nightime training.

My nephews who just turned 4, wear pullups to bed at night, and probably will until they are 5 or even 6. Its a normal thing, and nothing to feel stigma about.

Your fine.

So did the doctor say he has a small bladder? I wonder

Meanwhile, if you have to use a diaper, you do. It's not unusual. Boys are famous for bed-wetting.

My grandson did this and it took a while to stop. I raised two sons and one of them wet the bed a lot until he was about six years old. I put a waterproof mattress pad on his bed. That way, i could disinfect the pad with a cleaner and just change the sheets. I did wash the mattress pad often, but it was designed so that it could be wiped down instead of laundered all the time.

Of for the love of God, my child wore Good Nights til she was almost 7 or 8, some kids just don't have good control of their bladder at night, it is NO big deal, as long as you are training him to use the potty at night when he has to go.

You basically teaching him it's ok to pee in the bed . Your creating a bad habit allow him to sleep without diapers or you will have a kid that pees in tbe bed til he's 12.

• Suzy Q
      4 weeks agoReport

You do realize a child this age usually wets the bed WHILE ASLEEP, right? And that they have no control whatsoever over this? 

• Suzy Q

It's not uncommon for a 4 year old to be toilet trained during the day but not yet at night.

My oldest needed pull-ups for a while after day-training, he didn't become dry at night until he was about 4,5 years old. My youngest trained pretty late, but never peed in his sleep after toilet training. He was the exception. 

Of course it's normal, you're supposed to take care of your child and help them with hygiene. Buy him whatever kind of diapers etc fit him. It doesn't matter what they're called, they do the same thing. What else are you going to do.

Use astronaut diapers. It’s much better and it’ll make him feel like a big boy. 

Yes, it's very normal. A lot of children continue to wet the bed after they are potty trained. Have you checked out "pullups"? They will seem less babyish to him.