patty
patty asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

are u happy to feed your dog canned dog food?

Dog food companies, especially the high quality companies, put the research in to making their diets complete and nutritionally sound for your dog.

No, my first dog had Pancreatitis due to wet food.  We now feed our dog dry food only hopefully she wont get the illness.

Yes. Ol Roy canned food is the BEST!!!

NO! They don't get canned food. They are doing find on their kibbles & they have healthy teeth. One is 16 the other is 7. Little to no tartar on their teeth.

• "are u happy to feed your dog canned dog food?""

In 2 situations:

🐺1: When I am travelling with 1 or more dogs. In all the years I've had dogs, none of them has worked out how to open a rounded can. One DID discover a small can of Spam that was intended to sit in the fridge for ME to chomp bits of, but I had forgotten to out it away. She punctured its sides immensely, so that there was leakage through the fang holes, but she couldn't OPEN that can (so she had wait a day, to give her time to forget her misdeed, before I opened it and put the contents in her dish).

🐶2: When a dog has had a tooth pulled, or had surgery that left it dispirited and without any appetite.

Otherwise, once their teeth and jaws have developed enough, they get raw animal protein (BIRDS, EGGS, boneless or de-boned FISH, insects. MAMMALS, reptiles) for lunch and dinner (the latter with a hard biscuit plus a raw bone).

Because I want MY breakfast when I get up, my house-dog gets kibble in pasteurised full-cream milk for breakfast - and sensibly licks every smear of milk up before bothering with the kibbles.

King Les The Lofty - first pup in 1950, GSD breeder & trainer since 1968

No. Too soft and they will get plaque on their teeth and gum disease.

• Ocimom

We feed homemade and Fresh Pet rolls - no canned food or dry food.

I am when I travel with my dog as she won't eat anything else. 

Won't eat dry.

Won't eat anything I'd cook.

I use Ziwi Peak and Canidae.

Never In a month of Sundays... my dogs currently catch my food when we are away with the ewes also....  As well as their own---

( e. g. Like right now)

Or can, you imagine I'm crazy enough to try   carrying a month or mores weight of Canned dogfood around up here on my Ole back

Source(s): Shepherd
  • .

I would, but he doesn't like it.  He likes canned tuna fish, but not canned dog food.