Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

Do you think we will address the climate change issues for the younger generations?

Or will we end up with people dying out in horrific circumstances in sixty years time as scientists predict?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

It all depends on how quickly we change things or if some new great geoengineering technology becomes available, but on current trajectory and technology, we're well and truly bollocksed.

At 2c increase it will start to effect our food supply, and thats projected for around 2050 and at 4c half the world will become a desert, and that is due by about 2100

General negative effects are starting to worsen, the UK will experience increased flooding and because of the weakening of the Jet stream we will receive some freak cold snaps/blizzards and heat waves/droughts in the summer but probably not as bad as the continent.

Half of Africa will begin to move into Europe within the next few decades as well so it'll be extra toasty, this will likely cause widespread conflict.

• It feels bad now but I reckon over the next decade it will become too difficult to conceal and more and more people will snap into action.

• 1 month ago

Al gore said the polar ice caps would melt in the early 2000s. Guess what? We actually have more ice today then 20 years ago. (According to NASA only the smartest people in the world) Stop drinking the kool aid.

• 1 month ago

We were supposed to be in the midst of an ice age right now according to all the bright bulbs in The 70's and 80's. I don't see any glaciers in my back yard. Scientists make guesses and assumptions and think we should all believe every word they utter. Horsecrap. The world will end when it's supposed to in the manner it's supposed to. Nothing mankind does will change anything.

Source(s): Mustached Gun toting cowboy fashion victim across the pond
  • 1 month ago

Judging by the answers that keep showing up on Yahoo, a lot of people do not even recognise the reality of it, so they will keep on polluting and doing nothing as they planet overheats. 

Then one day they will grow up and think that maybe they were wrong, but it will be too late. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ludwig
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I remember 'issues'. Silly women on the Open University and BBC2 used to talk about them back in the seventies.

• 1 month ago

No, we will not address it if it makes our lives less comfortable.

The younger generation probably have massive carbon footprints already, we oldies are just catching up.

A young friend of mine just went to Italy to give one lecture in Pisa. It’s ridiculous.

I’d only flown three times until I was 46, when cheaper flights became available.

• Sunnie
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

What life in paradise will be like. (1) Resurrection of the dead. "The hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out." - John 5:28, 29. (2) No more sickness, old age, or death. "God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away."- Revelation 21:3, 4. (3) Plenty of good things to eat. "There will come to be plenty of grain on the earth; on the top of the mountains there will be an overflow."- Psalm 72:16. (4) Suitable homes and enjoyable work for all. "They will certainly plant vineyards and eat their fruitage. They will not build and someone else have occupancy; they will not plant and someone else do the eating."- Isaiah 65:21, 22. (5) No more crime, violence, or war.- "As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth."- Proverbs 2:22. (6) Freedom from fear, and peace everywhere. "They will actually dwell in security, with no one to make them tremble."- Ezekiel 34: 28. Jehovah God will see to it that his original purpose for mankind to enjoy eternal life in an earthly paradise will be realized.

Source(s): jw.org
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Climate change is hoax made up by global elites to con people into giving up their democratic rights & pave the way for a one world government. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Most of the younger generation are not worth saving. Climate change is the new fad.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Climate change is claptrap.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.