About pregnant super heroines (not the drug heroin)?

Do you think they take time off from crime fighting until after they have their baby or do they continue to fight crime while being pregnant?

I just think there is a huge chance for a miscarriage if they continue to fight super villians while being pregnant.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Most pregnant superheroes, like many women, would briefly stop performing dangerous tasks and missions for the child's well being.

I am aware of at least one miscarriage in comics: in the comic book continuation of the Batman Beyond show, it was revealed that Barbara Gordon lost the child after stopping a mugging, a few weeks into her pregnancy. 

• John
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

i mean it depends on the character and other circumstances, but i feel like most heroes would take time off of their hero work for their pregnancy since there is a lot of risk to their baby and their ability in general is going to be a bit compromised.

but i also feel like a lot of heroes wouldn't have kids unless they were retired because a child is a perfect hostage for a villain to use against them

• 4 weeks ago

So, this is a topic not many comics have addressed seriously.  I would think that unless you're an absolute juggernaut of power (Supergirl, Wonder Woman) you would stop superheroing as soon as you found out you were pregnant.  Superheroes (and superheroines) often get SERIOUSLY f---ed up in fights.  So yeah, it would be pretty common sense to stop.

The exceptions, the crazy powerful, might still stop minor crimes, but Wonder Woman shouldn't be taking on any gods while she's pregnant.  It's not like there aren't a thousand other supers to do so.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.